The PACE®-R800 rig utilizes technology optimized for drilling automation with Nabors SmartROS™ platform. The electric rack and pinion technology enables the precise control of block position required for advanced automation.
With a hoisting capacity of 800 kips and push capability of 66 kips, the PACE®-R800 rig features eight pinions driven by permanent magnet motors to provide the redundancy and precise control required for automation.
Its robotic electric pipe handler is designed to handle drill pipe and casing from 3-1/2″ to 13-3/8″ without changing grippers. The pipe handler’s weight-sensitive grippers have integrated spinners for best-in-class connection and improved tripping speeds.
The rig’s ground handling system is designed to move activity off the rig floor for safer, man-less operation. Capable of handling casing and drill pipe up to 20 inches, the system features an integrated tool joint cleaning, doping and pipe measurement tool for developing a rig tally.
- Rack and pinion hoisting system reduces mechanical components like drawworks, traveling block, crown, deadline anchor, drill line spooler, etc., improving rig-up time and reducing downtime
- Side-Saddle® substructure optimizes batch drilling by allowing rig to walk over existing wells without handling pipe over wellheads
- Current hookload capacity rated at 800 kips can be scaled up to 1,000 kips
- Custom designed pipe handling equipment to handle drill pipe and casing up to 13-3/8”
- No slip and cut
- Designed with two-level rig floor; personnel operates the rig from the upper deck, and all operating equipment on the lower deck keeps personnel out of harm’s way
- Rigline 24/7™ provides rig personnel with remote support for optimized drilling performance
- Equipment condition monitoring available on all equipment to improve rig maintenance
- A version of the PACE®-R800 rig with hydraulically raised substructure to handle doubles or triples is also available
Drill Smarter with Nabors
Tell us more about your needs by completing the form below and a Nabors representative will contact you soon.
"*" indicates required fields